Introduction to Laser levelling
Laser levelling is the beginning of new era in precision surveying and construction field. As laser level is self levelling device, you no longer have to call your constructor to do minor construction with perfection. Laser level uses a laser beam (usually red or green beam) to analyse and makes sure that both horizontal and vertical levels are perfectly aligned.
Step by step instruction on using Bosch GLL 2 Self-Levelling Cross-Line Laser Level
- Safety first
There are certain things that you have to keep in mind at all the time before and while using this Bosch Laser Level. Failure to follow any or some or all of the precautions given in this article and the official user manual of the product may result in serious injury resulting from laser radiation exposure, electric shock, fire and so on.
Don’t stare into the laser beam. Laser beam produced by the Bosch laser level is classified as class 2 laser beam. Hence, staring into them could result in serious eye injury or even blindness in the prolonged exposure.
- Don’t project laser beam to any other person or animal as this may cause serious damage.
- Don’t leave the machine, while the laser beam is turned on.
- Wearing safety googles during the usage is always suggested.
- Don’t disassemble or don’t try to repair to any parts associated with the laser beam of this machine. You are not authorized or skilled to do that. Of course, serious consequence may take place due to that.
- Keep the children out of reach while handling or working with this machine.
- Follow all the safety instruction written on the cover of the battery and keep them out of reach of children.
- Don’t remove or deface safety instruction masked in the machine at any circumstances.
- Check your machine periodically. Whenever you sense any ambiguity in the working of the machine, then that is the time to call qualified technician.
- Always stay alert and safe while using the machine. Don’t use the machine when you are too tired to use it or under the influence of any drug.
- Inserting or removing battery in the machine
Alkaline battery is the only authorized battery to be used in this machine. Before buying a set of battery, make sure that both the batteries are from same company and same model.
Battery can be inserted in the latch present in the top of the Bosch laser level. Insert the battery in consistent with the polarity requirement mentioned in the latch.
- Switching the machine on/off
Bosch laser level has very simple interface. On/off switch is present in the left side of the machine. Switching the machine on immediately turns on two laser beams and vice versa. Hence, place the machine in an ideal safe position before turning them on.
Before leaving the room, make sure to turn off the machine, as the machine could potentially blind any person staring at the laser beam
- Placing the machine in a correct position and automate levelling
Machine can be placed in a vertical surface through contact forces or in a tripod. In either cases, self levelling range is 4 degrees. If the machine is in correct self levelling range, it is indicated by the green indicator signal and in other case, it is indicated by red indicator signal.
In case of red signal, you need to correct the position until a green signal is obtained. Sometimes, tripod may be essential to attain the correct position.
The end of self levelling is indicated by the non-movement of two laser beams along the vertical and horizontal plane. Always take the centre of the laser beam for more accurate levelling result.
- General precautions and tips while using the machine
- Make sure that the machine is not prone to any type of ground vibration that may terribly change the outcome of the instrument.
- Make sure that the machine is held firmly with the tripod. Loose setup is not only less efficient but also dangerous.
- Laser viewing glasses can be brought to see the laser marking more accurately. However, do not stare into the laser via laser viewing glass, as they are not substitute for safety googles.