Dremel is the most renowned company in the industry of electric rotary tools, their attachments, and additional accessories. For more than 70 years, they have been creating top-of-the-line devices for a wide range of applications. After having endured for so many years and never ceasing to manufacture tools of excellent quality, they have been deemed the gold standard for all of the tools they provide, and other companies that make rotary tools aspire to be on par with their craftsmanship and innovation. We now review the Dremel 4000-2-30 120-Volt Variable Speed Rotary Tool Kit, one of the most versatile and effective hand held rotary tool they have ever designed.
The Dremel 4000-2/30 Rotary Tool is applicable in many different crafting situations and has a wide array of accessories and functions. It is an excellent choice for those looking to polish, sand, engrave, cut, or clean materials for their construction, maintenance or personal hobby projects. With a sleek design and a weight of about one pound, it provides you with a comfortable and productive experience, giving you the mobility you need to get the job done properly.
The 360-degree grip zone for every position, the 6 foot cord and the sliding speed dial which allows the RPM to be set from 5,000 to 35,000 make it easy for you to customize your approach to your project with uncanny precision. Not only does it come with 30 accessories of its own, it functions with every Dremel accessory and attachment available, making it a wise purchase for anyone who owns accessories from previous Dremel rotary tool models.
And if something should happen to it, no need to worry; the Dremel 4000 comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Modestly priced for the amount of accessories and additional compatibility it boasts.
- Durable, practical carrying case for safe and easy transport.
- Tool speed setting remains constant due to electronic feedback circuitry and improved motor.
- Very light and easily managed tool.
- Circle Cutter/Straight Edge and Sanding/Grinding Guides for impeccable results.
- The speed dial can be hard to manage; power/speed management will take some getting used to.
- Output shaft lock can become jammed
- Prolonged activity can cause it to feel very hot – very common in Dremel designs in general with the placement of its side vents/cooling system
The Dremel 4000-2/30 Rotary Tool is definitely a very powerful rotary tool. It might be a tad too powerful for light use and day to day jobs. It definitely is durable and will last a long time for more powerful jobs. It is very useful for just about anything you want to do, though it might be a tad too powerful for light use and day to day jobs – other than that, this is a very powerful and versatile Dremel rotary tool.