Black & Decker is among the most trusted and respected brand names for everything they produce, especially when it comes to rotary tools. They offer precision devices at unbeatable prices. We now review the Black and Decker RTX-B 3-Speed RTX Rotary Tool Kit.
The Black and Decker RTX-B Rotary Tool Kit is a cost-effective high speed rotary tool equipped with a high torque motor which makes it twice as fast as most of the other rotary tools on the market. It can cut, sand, engrave, grind, drill and clean a multitude of different surfaces, materials and objects. A switch on its side makes it simple to change between 3 different speed settings while you’re working; 12,000, 24,000 and 30,000 RPM.
It boasts a universal collet system, which allows you to implement any standard rotary tool drill bits and tips, in addition to the 5 accessories that are included with the package.
This device is ideal for home repair, restoration, or carpentry tasks, for the professional and the hobbyist alike. And for the price it sells for, you’re getting an outstanding bargain on a quality rotary power tool that is likely to last for a long time. Any problems you might encounter can be dealt with through the 2-year warranty that Black & Decker provides.
- Collet system is universal, allowing you to use any standard accessories for rotary tools.
- High-torque motor makes this tool work fast and efficiently.
- Excellent price for the quality and durability of the device. It doesn’t easily bog down compared to other rotary tools with the same price.
- Rubber grips and light weight (1.4 pounds) makes it easy to manage, meaning you won’t quickly get fatigued from working.
- This item has 2-year warranty to guarantee buyers in case the item arrived defective or damaged.
- The brushes for the motor are not replaceable.
- Not well protected from dust.
- The collet might be a bit tight. Some owners have reviewed it can be a bit difficult to change the bits.
- Less fine control over speed/power control (only 3 RPM speeds).
Overall, this Black and Decker RTX-B Rotary Tool Kit is powerful and versatile. It is comparable to the Dremel 4000 series rotary tools in its uses at a much lower price. We still think Dremel is the best brand and there are a few design flaws, most notably the tight collet and that there is not a finer granularity in speed/RPM control like the Dremel brand rotary tools. If that is not a priority for you, then Black and Decker does in fact do a great job as another option to the Dremel brand but at much lower cost. A very affordable device, anyone in the market looking for cheap rotary tools should definitely give this one a try.